For more than 30 years, Activision has been changing the way people play. In the process, we have built one of the largest portfolios of recognized brands and today we are one of the most valuable interactive entertainment companies in the world.
Founded in 1979 as the first independent video game software developer and distributor, the company launched a series of multi-million unit selling titles in the early 1980s for the Atari 2600 including Pitfall, Kaboom! and River Raid. And since then, Activision has created some of the most iconic and memorable game experiences of all time.
Today, the company is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products for various consoles, handheld platforms and the PC. Over the past five years, we have continued to thrive as a leading digital entertainment provider whose games appeal to a variety of gamers.
Activision Blizzard, world’s largest and most profitable video game publisher, was one of the earliest adopters of Oracle Cloud HCM.
They faced the following challenges:
- Risk of business disruption: Frequent patches and upgrades (weekly, monthly and one-off patches, security updates and mandatory upgrades every 8 months) risked breaking the existing functionality or introduction of totally new issues into production.
- Inadequate/insufficient testing coverage: The HRIS team was spending more time on transactions rather than actual testing of new features, which resulted in huge backlog of pending testing cases.
- More time spent on manual testing: The manual testing efforts combined with backlog of test cases, resulting in both HRIS and HR Ops team feeling overwhelmed and overworked.
Activision Blizzard leveraged the Cloudtestr platform to identify the scope for test automation in line with the upgrade/patches applied by Oracle for Fusion HCM.
A robust regression-testing suite was developed to test any system changes.
Additionally, test cases leveraging a keyword driven framework and a test data template, was also developed to make it easy to maintain and keep updated.
- Reduced the validation time by 50%
- Faster go-live by leveraging over 142 pre-built accelerators
- Increased testing ROI by 50%