ABOUT The Client
Our customer is one of America’s leading transportation suppliers. Their network encompasses 21,000 route miles of track across the US and Canada.
The company serves nearly two-thirds of the American population through a network spanning 23 states, the District of Columbia and two Canadian provinces.
The customer was unable to apply Oracle EBS patches routinely due to several reasons:
- No simple way to analyze and understand the impact of a patch.
- Unable to merge multiple patches
- Unable to schedule patch application in an automated fashion
- Product post-application reports to list impacted objects and forms
- Guiding BAs on what to test post-application
The RingMaster Automated Patch Management (APM) solution automated the entire patching process for the customer. It provided a pre-application analysis and a post-application report on the impact of the patch. It also automated the patch download and application processes, thereby significantly reducing the change management process.
- 35% reduction in patch application time
- 50% time saved for the DBA