IMMI, an industry leader in design, testing and manufacturing of advanced automotive safety systems, was planning to upgrade their EBS R12.
During the upgrade they faced the following challenges:
- Work overload for all stakeholders due to demands of faster go-to-market.
- Lack of early detection of defects due to high volume of manual and repetitive testing required at each phase of the upgrade.
- Inadequate/improper testing coverage resulting in defect slippage into production.
- The IMMI core team was spending more time on transactions rather than high-value testing.
- Identified the scope for test automation in line with the upgrade plan of IMMI.
- Implemented end-to-end functional testing across key EBS R12 modules (Oracle Financials, Procurement, Inventory, Supply chain and HRMS) without disrupting upgrade timelines or overloading critical resources.
- Sufficient overlap between manual and automated testing was factored in while creating the overall testing plan.
- Deployed automated regression suite created using Cloudtestr to reduce the functional testing effort.
- Paved a way to not only go live with confidence but also to have a streamlined process to test for regressions in future maintenance cycles.
- Reduced functional testing effort by 60% and made UAT more predictable and painless.
- Implementation of automated regression suite created using Cloudtestr resulted in regression cycle time reduction by ~65%
- Early detection of defects increase by enabling test automation at each phase of the upgrade.
- Reduction in Defect slippages into production
- More time for exploratory/High-Value testing
- Higher confidence with go live